- Event-Driven Architecture Learning Journey via IBM Skills Gateway, provides a navigable guide through this GitBook and associated assets.
IBM Event Streams¶
- IBM Event Streams presentation
- Validating Event Streams deployment with sample app.
- Install IBM Event Streams on Red Hat OpenShift
- Start by reading Kafka introduction - a must read!
- Another introduction from Confluent, one of the main contributors of the open source.
- Planning event streams installation
- Develop Stream Application using Kafka
- Tutorial on access control, user authentication and authorization from IBM.
- IBM Developer article - learn kafka
- Using Kafka Connect to connect to enterprise MQ systems - Andrew Schofield
- Does Apache Kafka do ACID transactions? - Andrew Schofield
- Spark and Kafka with direct stream, and persistence considerations and best practices
- Example in scala for processing Tweets with Kafka Streams
Microservices and event-driven patterns¶
- API for declaring messaging handlers using Reactive Streams
- Microservice patterns - Chris Richardson
- Interesting article on the evolving hybrid integration reference architecture: How to ensure your integration landscape keeps pace with digital transformation.
- Companion web site for hybrid integration reference architecture
Conferences, Talks, and Sessions¶
- IBM THINK 2020 - From Monolithic Application to API Centric and Event-Driven Microservices – the Cloud Journey of a Leading Health Care Organization
- IBM THINK 2020 - Change the Way You Integrate Applications with IBM Cloud Pak for Integration
- IBM THINK 2020 - Modernize Integration to Unlock Data and Applications Securely While Lowering Costs
- Kafka Summit 2016 - San Francisco
- Kafka Summit 2017 - New York
- Kafka Summit 2017 - San Francisco
- Kafka Summit 2018 - San Francisco
- Kafka Summit 2019 - San Francisco
- Kafka Summit 2019 - London
- Kafka Summit 2020 - Virtual
- Kafka Summit 2022 - Recap